Affirmative Action and the OFCCP – An In-depth Primer
This 2-hr training will provide a comprehensive primer on affirmative action, its key principles, and current framework for developing compliant programs. It will discuss current OFCCP enforcement strategies and trends, and what it means to be a federal contractor including an organization’s responsibilities under EO 11246.
This 2-hr virtual seminar will explore the history of affirmative action in greater detail. We will discuss the key principles considered when developing the legislation and regulations that provide its framework and take the time to really think about what affirmative action means for your organization today.
We will discuss the OFCCP’s mandate for compliance, key information you need to gather to ensure compliance as well as the current enforcement strategies and trends. Finally, we will discuss what it means to be a federal contractor including an organization’s responsibilities under EO 11246. All of this information is vital to your success when developing your program and helps to establish a thorough understanding of program planning requirements as you move to develop internal functional standards and guidelines.
This webinar prepares you for understanding what records to keep, what to watch out for, how technology is changing the game, and more. This training will help to prepare you for the OFCCP spotlight.
- A history in review of affirmative action.
- Legislative and judicial history and current trends.
- The difference between EEO and AA
- The true meaning of affirmative action.
- The difference between diversity and affirmative action
- Key principles of affirmative action program design.
- OFCCP enforcement mandate.
- Key priorities for OFCCP.
- OFCCP enforcement trends.
- Recent changes in enforcement guidelines including the new scheduling letter.
- Enforcement tools used by the OFCCP when auditing your workforce program.
- Know how to quickly and easily determine contractor status.
- The standard of Compliance is “Good Faith” and what that means for your program.
- Most common compliance failures.
- Beware of the Inference provision.
- Most frequent Data collection and data management failures.
- Most frequent Record keeping failures.
- Understanding of contractor requirements for affirmative action.
- Overview of the functional requirements for affirmative action.
- Understanding and preparing for the analytical requirement.
- Establishing goals.
- Technology and how to get the most return on investment.
- What is affirmative action and the importance of its guiding principles?
- The legal requirements for, and the framework that drives affirmative action.
- What the OFCCP requires of government contractors in terms of affirmative action efforts – does your current effort pass the “smell test”?
- The focus of the OFCCP’s heightened enforcement efforts and contractor scrutiny
- Whether or not your organization is a “government contractor” according to the OFCCP – the answer may surprise you?
- The most frequent compliance failures, why they happen, and how to avoid them.
- I Have a Dream vs Affirmative Action (citizens-news.com)
- OFCCP proposes new rule on affirmative action for veterans (lawprofessors.typepad.com)
- Affirmative Action: Necessary or Outdated (thevirginiaadvocate.com)
- Obama Administration Imposes Disabled Hiring Quotas On Federal Contractors (cato.org)
- EEOC and OFCCP win big in recent cases (lawprofessors.typepad.com)
- Does Egypt Need Affirmative Action? (dailynewsegypt.com)
- OFCCP Extends Comment Period/Promoting Employment of People with Disabilities (lawprofessors.typepad.com)
- Rules to improve employment of people with disabilities and veterans published today (workers-compensation.blogspot.com)